A Court of Blah-blah-blah

Talk about eBooks with other enthusiasts
hecatereads

A Court of Blah-blah-blah

Unread post by hecatereads »

I was really surprised with the number of books with "A Court of..." in the title.

Questions:

1. What do you think about them?
2. To those who have read books with this title, what do you think does it imply?
3. Was it represented in a way, the reader could easily understand how the author ended up with that title?

P.S. I'm actually laughing to the way how "I" used the title for this topic. Talk about *cough* originality *cough* :lol:

Post your thoughts! I'll look at them in the morning. Thank you and Good night!
Last edited by hecatereads on Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apologies. I'll be back by June or July 2022. By then, I might be able to juggle life by then. Lol.
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A Court of Blah-blah-blah

Unread post by AddictedToReading »

Never mind a Court.......

The word Daddy in a title

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(◕_◕)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
hecatereads

[mention]AddictedToReading[/mention] Haha. As a reader of Daddy kinks (Dom/sub, Daddy/little, Daddy/boy
dynamics) of MM Romance, I wouldn't mind it if the story is good. That's why I'm asking for the readers of 'A Court of...' books, what their thoughts are about.
Apologies. I'll be back by June or July 2022. By then, I might be able to juggle life by then. Lol.
Sashay

Unread post by Sashay »

AddictedToReading wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:37 pm The word Daddy in a title

Gosh, same.

I haven't read any A Court Of... And the only ones I know of are the ones by Sarah J. Maas.
hecatereads

[mention]Sashay[/mention] Same. I haven't read anything from the hetero genres at the moment. I'm obsessed exploring the Gay Romance genre and support my favorite authors by doing reviews and recommendations. Although, I've stopped for a while because my phone has given up on me after two years. Lol.
hecatereads

Sashay wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:39 am
AddictedToReading wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:37 pm The word Daddy in a title

Gosh, same.

I haven't read any A Court Of... And the only ones I know of are the ones by Sarah J. Maas.
P.S. I think Sarah wrote the most famous one. And the rest of the YA authors followed.
siberian202angel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by siberian202angel »

hecatereads wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:08 am Questions:

2. To those who have read books with this title, what do you think does it imply?
3. Was it represented in a way, the reader could easily understand how the author ended up with that title?
The only ones that spring to mind are the ones by Sarah J. Maas and admittedly, I haven't read any of those since I don't often read fantasy and even less young adult. I have no idea what the title means, but then again, I'm not a native speaker who might be familiar with this kind of phrase.
"Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world."
"There was death at its beginning, as there would be death again at its end."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you fail, you'll land among the stars."
hecatereads

siberian202angel wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:44 pm

The only ones that spring to mind are the ones by Sarah J. Maas and admittedly, I haven't read any of those since I don't often read fantasy and even less young adult. I have no idea what the title means, but then again, I'm not a native speaker who might be familiar with this kind of phrase.
I understand. I'm no native speaker either. There once was a time when I read Young Adult novels. But my favorite genre was adventure and mythology. There might just ... maybe a bit of romance in that literature, but well, after I kind of came to a realization and acceptance of my identity, I've focused myself on reading novels from the LGBT category. And I am now a fan of Gay Romance. Hopefully though, I wouldn't be able to encounter homophobia. I don't do well on dealing with them. I'm still experiencing them in real life.
siberian202angel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by siberian202angel »

hecatereads wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:56 am
siberian202angel wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:44 pm

Hopefully though, I wouldn't be able to encounter homophobia. I don't do well on dealing with them. I'm still experiencing them in real life.
I'm sorry you have to experience this. It such a shame, really, that so many people are still so narrow-minded when it comes to LGBTQ in this day and age. Love is love, period, regardless of skin color, gender or religion. Wishing you strength to deal with haters!
"Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world."
"There was death at its beginning, as there would be death again at its end."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you fail, you'll land among the stars."
Sashay

Unread post by Sashay »

hecatereads wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:56 amHopefully though, I wouldn't be able to encounter homophobia. I don't do well on dealing with them. I'm still experiencing them in real life.
LGBTQ+ authors are very mindful with triggers, so I hope you don't encounter a bad experience in your reading ventures <3 sending you love and support as a bisexual woman myself!
siberian202angel wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:44 pmI have no idea what the title means, but then again, I'm not a native speaker who might be familiar with this kind of phrase.
Another non-native English speaker here :D Personally I just think it is a title that sounds cool and allows for repetition (A Court of [insert noun phrase here]), just like Harry Potter and [whatever], it is a clever way of branding.
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sashay wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:00 am woman myself!
[mention]Sashay[/mention] I am blushing as I thought you a guy :oops: sorry about that
Sashay wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:00 am Another non-native English speaker here :D
I am also a non-native English speaker

The World are full of cruel people and there are a lot of misconceptions about LGBT

“It is absolutely imperative that every human being’s freedom and human rights are respected, all over the world.”– Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir
hecatereads

siberian202angel wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:59 pm I'm sorry you have to experience this. It such a shame, really, that so many people are still so narrow-minded when it comes to LGBTQ in this day and age. Love is love, period, regardless of skin color, gender or religion. Wishing you strength to deal with haters!
Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean a lot. <3
I hope some day, the day will come that no hurtful words would be thrown towards us. Because if one would disregard our sexual preference and identity, (which I personally think shouldn't matter and shouldn't be anyone's business) we are the same as any human being. We eat, we sleep, we work, we pray, pay taxes. We are human and normal beings...
hecatereads

Sashay wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:00 am
hecatereads wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:56 amHopefully though, I wouldn't be able to encounter homophobia. I don't do well on dealing with them. I'm still experiencing them in real life.
LGBTQ+ authors are very mindful with triggers, so I hope you don't encounter a bad experience in your reading ventures <3 sending you love and support as a bisexual woman myself!
I have encountered them only from those works that weren't properly tagged. I end up DNF-ing them. :(
hecatereads

AddictedToReading wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:21 pm The World are full of cruel people and there are a lot of misconceptions about LGBT

“It is absolutely imperative that every human being’s freedom and human rights are respected, all over the world.”– Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir
I remember crying my heart out from the movie Prayers for Bobby...
I do not wish to trigger sadness towards you as the movie (from a true story) hit close to home.
But Bobby's mother Mary said these words: http://www.qrd.org/qrd/religion/a.child.is.listening

"There are children like Bobby sitting in our congregations.
Unknown to you, they will be listening to your 'Amens' as they
silently cry out to God in their hearts. Their cries will go unnoticed
for they cannot be heard above your 'Amens'. Your fear and
ignorance of the word gay will soon silence their cries. Before you
echo 'Amen' in your home or place of worship, think and
remember...a child is listening." -- Mary A. Griffith
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've received a PM where some idiot rant and rave about certain discussions and books on this site. I have banned him/her as I will not tolerate insults.

Please notify me if any of you do receive insulting PM's. They will think they have been hit by lightning when I'm finished with them.

We are a friendly, loving community

Keep Safe